Friday, November 04, 2005

Wood Earrings

Only leslie and Kaylie and Liana can truly appreciate this. Today, my mom and I were at World Market, which is pretty much one of my favorite places on earth, not only because they have English Chocolate (yes, that's right, I had a turkish delight today. Here we come Capernwray pounds!), but also because I got a pair of wooden earrings today. yes girls, the much sought after wooden earrings we searched high and low over the ancient city of York for. they're not quite the cool spikey kind, but rather ginormous dangly wood chunks. leslie, you "wood" (ha ha!) love this place. I could seriously spend a bizillion dollars there, maybe even a bizillion pounds. i was struck with my sudden rush of consumer materialism that I didn't think I was capable of, but I so totally am. I envisioned buying the entire store, then I realized, I don't need the entire store. In fact, I need to leave.

3 comments:

Beth said...

thanx, I'll keep that in mind next time i'm in Austria or canada.

Janice said...

yeah we have them here...everyone has them. i just don't know where to get them. my sister has some...

kaylie said...

oh the search for wooden earrings! that was such an awesome day, maybe because we got yelled at in that church.
i have woodend earrings that i bought at this hippie store in santa barbara, btw. i thought of that day when i bought them!
i got that picture of you, liana, leslie, and i printed and it's so adorable. we are dressed so classically bib;e school style with silk warp skirts and footless tights and birkenstocks.