Saturday, December 03, 2005

Aaah, Christmas

It's finally cold out....and cold in. It seems my new house doesn't warm well, but that's ok, I've become used to the feeling. We've been decorating my house over the past few days, which has posed a challenge--figuring out where everything goes. New house. New spots to put things. We have a little garland of greens draped down our tiny little banister. Flash backs to garlands down the big staircase. You guys want to know something so sad?? All of my pictures from about the beginning of December to the end of Christmas break got completely deleted on my computer. Rage!!! But they're in my mind, and that's what counts. Last year I had a little more money to buy Christmas presents for my family. This year, I'm a whole lot poorer, i. e. I have no money at all, and there's more family members. Hope they like knit scarves, because that's what they're ALL getting!! HA HA. Another thing I forgot to add to my list of things I miss...this might go on the top five. THE CARNFORTH BOOKSTORE!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN! ahh, the smell of those beautiful old books... shakespeare, scott, keats, milton, bryson, shelly.... AHHH! i miss the carnforth bookshop too! PS i'll be back in columbia the 15th. and you own me an all-nighter. slash i owe you one. whatever. i miss you!

Béthany said...

ahhh....or, any bookstore. Ecuador is NOT a reading country.